3 Day Training at EMC
Thursday, August 16, Friday, August 17 & Saturday, August 18
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The Office of Emergency Management will be offering a FREE Community Emergency Response Team training class at EMC in Fellowship Hall.
- The course will consist of three days of classes and if you miss a class you can make it up in the next class offering.
- Dates for the class: August. 16th, 17th, and 18th from 9 – 3 (you may get out a little early or late depending on how fast the class moves along).
- Topics will include: Preparedness, Light Search and Rescue, Fire Safety, Disaster Psychology, Team organization, and Medical 1 & 2.
- There will be exercises and NO exams for those of you who are stress test takers.
- Everyone learns a lot and has quite a bit of fun in the process.
- Please bring your lunch and something to drink. Time constraints and location of the building make go-ing out for lunch impractical. There is a refrigerator where you can store your lunch.
- Please bring something to take notes. A manual will be loaned to you for the class and at the end of class you will be given a jump drive that has all the documents and the manual so you can reference it in the future.
- Please do not bring children to the class.
- Please do not wear sandals. It is recommended to bring a sweater since the building can get chilly. It is suggested to bring a hat and sunscreen if you need to protect yourself from the sun for periods when you may be outside.
If you have any questions, please send an email to CharlotteCountyCERT@gmail.com.
At: EMC - Fellowship Hall
Englewood FL, 34223